Hey everyone! I saw this video a few days and found it really inspirational!
I hope it moves you the way it moved me to BE THE CHANGE!
Happy Sunday everyone! I can’t believe it’s already been a week of the thirty day challenge! Today’s post is about my five favorite songs! Because I have so many favorite songs, I decided to narrow it down to my top five at the moment. So, without further ado, here’s my playlist!
- Fight Song by Rachel Platten–I think this will forever be one of my favorites! It’s super inspiring and makes you feel like you can take on the world! It’s a classic power pop anthem, right up there with Stronger by Kelly Clarkson. The chorus is awesome, but the lyrics in the intro are probably my favorite part. “Like a small boat on the ocean sending big waves into motion. Like how a single word can make a heart open. I may only have one match but I can make an explosion.“
- Hanging By A Moment by Lifehouse–I absolutely love the meaning and depth of this song! To me, it seems to be a heartfelt prayer from a new or returning Christian. It has an amazing rawness to the lyrics and I can feel the honesty seep through in the words.”Forgetting all I’m lacking completely incomplete, I’ll take your invitation, you take all of me” is probably one of my favorite lines.
- The God I Know by Love & The Outcome–I love this song both as a perfectionist and as someone who likes upbeat Christian music! This song tackle the topic of trying hard to be good enough, but then realizing that God is enough and we’re saved only by Him. If you’ve read my review of Grace For The Good Girl, you’ll easily see how this song resonates with me. Plus, you can’t not get pulled in by the catchy ear worms in the chorus. “I can throw my hands up, worries down! I remember when He showed me how to break up with my doubts, once I was lost but now I’m found! No strings attached when He saved my soul, want you to know the God I know. Oh! You gotta know! Oh! The God I know!“
- Empty Me (The acoustic sessions) by Jeremy Camp–I re-found this song (Along with a whole bunch of old Jeremy Camp songs) recently and I’ve been listening to it a lot! It’s very chill and I love the unplugged sound of it. It repeats pretty much the same lyrics throughout the whole song, but somehow, he makes it work. “Holy fire burn away my desire for anything that is not of you and is of me. I want more of you
And less of me.” Plus, there’s no denying that he had some pretty awesome hair in this video. 😂
- You And Me by Lifehouse-This song also has a nice acoustic sound to it. It’s a really sweet love song with an early 2000s vibe and it has a great music video! My favorite lines are probably “All of the things that I want to say just aren’t coming out right. I’m tripping on words, you’ve got my head spinning, I don’t know where to go from here.” Haven’t we all been there before? That literally describes every crush ever.
I hope you like my playlist! I’d love to hear your thoughts in the comments section. I’ll be back tommorow with my top five current goals; wish me luck!
This is Britt Nicole’s new song, Be The Change! I fangirled so hard when I watched this!!! 🙂
This is adorable! I already love this song and this just makes it so beautiful!
To all of those battling illness, stay strong!
This is amazing! How are these guys not more well known?