Hey guys! So, I have some sort-of-big-news—I have been nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award by my good friend and fellow blogger Dainty M.! I am truly honored to be nominated and can’t wait to start on this challenge!
Also, I would highly recommend checking out her blog, because it is awesome!
So without further ado, here we go!
What is the Sunshine Blogger Award?
The Sunshine Blogger Award is a peer recognition award for bloggers who inspire readers by promoting positivity and bringing joy.
• Thank the person who nominated you and provide a link back to their blog so others can find them.
• Answer the 11 questions asked by the blogger.
• Nominate 11 other bloggers and ask them 11 new questions.
• Notify the nominees about it by commenting on one of their blog posts.
• List the rules and display a Sunshine Blogger Award logo on your post and/or blog site.
Dainty M.’s Questions
1. If you couldn’t write, what would you do?
Daaang, that’s a hard one. Writing has pretty much been my dream/passion/hobby since I could pick up a pencil. However, if I could not write, I would still continue working towards my education major and stay involved in ministry. As far as hobbies go, I took voice lessons and did some acting in high school and lately I’ve been experimenting with photography. My pics are nowhere near professional, but it makes for a fun hobby!
2. What’s your favorite season in the year, and why?
Honestly, I love winter! There’s something about the cold weather and warm, comfy sweaters that always manages to put me in a good mood. Plus, Christmas is in the winter, and Christmas is hands down my all-time favorite holiday!
3. What’s your ideal pick me up? (Stuff to get you by when you feel like giving up).
Honestly, I’ve found that the best thing that I can do when I’m going through a rough patch is talk to someone about it. My Mom and my best friend are my go-to people when I’m going through something hard. I’ve also found that ice cream and a good book/movie always has a way of making me feel better.😉
4. Juice or soda?
Juice. The carbonation in soda annoys me for some reason.
5. What’s the meaning of your blog name?
My blog’s name comes from the Bible verse 1 Timothy 4:12, which I guess you can say has sort of been my ‘life verse’ since my teenage years. It says, “Don’t let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith and in purity.” My goal in life has always been to point people back to Jesus and to live a life that’s honoring to God – so this verse felt fitting for the name of my blog.
6. Pancakes or waffles?
7. What’s your favorite movie (or book) of all time?
As a self-proclaimed bookworm that’s a hard one! My favorite (after the Bible) is probably Stand By Me by Neta Jackson. I read it when I was sixteen and I could hardcore relate to the character of Kat Davies. I also really loved the friendships between the different characters in this book. As for my favorite movie, probably October Baby.
8. Can you summarize it in one sentence?
Stand By Me – A young, energetic, college graduate meets an older lady who she eventually befriends and has adventures with her friends at SouledOut Community Church.
October Baby – A girl finds out she’s adopted and goes on a road trip with her friends in a seventies throwback van to find her birth mom.
9. What three things would you like to do before you die?
A. Publish a book – Becoming an author has always been something I have felt God calling me to do and a personal goal of mine. I have always loved writing and I have always believed that stories have the power to change lives. I would love to someday publish books that would touch lives and impact people for Christ.
B. Attend a Passion Conference – This has been on my bucket list for years! For those of you who have never heard of the Passion Conferences, they are Christian conferences in Atlanta, Georgia geared towards college students/twenty-somethings. Every year they have big name speakers like Tim Tebow, Sadie Robertson, and Judah Smith—and they always have amazing worship nights! It is definitely a goal of mine to attend one of these conferences someday!
C. See snow – Considering I have lived down south my whole life, and my family doesn’t travel often, I have literally never seen snow. However, it always looks beautiful in the movies and my goal is to someday have the experience of seeing snow. I’ve also low-key always wanted to build a snowman.
9. What’s your favorite song right now?
Currently I really love the song With Everything by Hillsong UNITED. Oldie but goodie.
10. If you were a superhero, what would you do to change the world?
Honestly, if I had unlimited superpowers/abilities I’d love to find a way to meet people’s physical and spiritual needs. There are so many people in this world who have never heard the Gospel and there are also billions who go without food. So if I could put together an organization that feeds people physically and spiritually, I think that would be really amazing!
Everyone reading this! I haven’t had as much time to read blogs lately so I honestly don’t have eleven people to nominate.😂
- What is your testimony (of coming to Christ)?
- What are three things you would like to do before you die (I really like this question so I’m recycling it!)?
- What do you do to relax when you’re tired/worn out?
- If you could have dinner with anyone alive or dead, who would it be?
- What was your most embarrassing moment?
- Where do you want to be in ten years?
- Tell me about one person who has impacted your life.
- Are you an introvert or an extravert?
- What was your favorite vacation?
- If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would it be?
- What are your favorite hobbies?