Hey everyone, I’ve seen a couple of these on the internet, so I decided try to make one myself. This is mostly a post born out of comedy and nostalgia, so please don’t thinking I’m knocking Christian media or culture. It’s simply a post meant for humor.🙂
1. You watched one of these with your youth group.
Bonus points if you’ve seen more than one. Triple points if you’ve seen them all.
2. Chick-Fil-A was considered the holiest place to eat.
This becomes a very interesting fact when you’re a vegetarian.
3. You had to sit through a discussion about purity in your youth group at some point.
You know you’ve heard at least one of these if you were a teen in Christian culture, as the awkwardness filled the room…
4. You always found these things a bit odd
I still don’t know if these make your breath more holy or if they’re supposed to convert nonbelievers upon hitting their tongue.
5. Christian music festivals were the best. thing. ever.
And they still are the best thing ever—just saying.
6. And so were Christian tee shirts
Bonus points if you had a youth group, church, or mission trip shirt.
7. You definitely had an accountability partner at some point
As you and your best friend turned to each other and promised to be lifelong accountability partners.
8. And you’ve definitely witnessed at least one alter call.
And if you went to a very small local church, you waited for someone—anyone in your church to go forward before lunch.
9. You knew about all the legends in music.
TobyMac. Switchfoot. The Newsboys. The best of the best Christian artists.
10. You Had One Of These
It was basically a Bible + a devotional, which made it twice as awesome.
11. You went on a mission trip at some point.
Or you had a significant amount of friends who went on a mission trip.
12. Bathing suite shopping became twice as hard.
Bathing suite shopping becomes 20x more painful when searching desperately for modest swimsuits.
13. You always knew courting was superior to dating.
Even though you really never had a clear idea of what courting was.
14. And you were well aware of this book.
Which is why half your Christian friends weren’t allowed to date.
15. You make a list like this – because between the good, the bad, and the crazy, it was an experience you wouldn’t trade for the world.
Let’s be honest—between TobyMac concerts and a shared love of Chick-Fil-A, growing up as a Christian teen can be a pretty rad experience!
“Don’t let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith and in purity.” – 1 Timothy 4:12