Good morning everyone! I hope you’re all having a great Sunday! I have big news to announce…Dainty M nominated me for the Liebster Award! The Liebster Award is an award given out to bloggers as a form of encouragement. It is passed on from blogger to blogger and each person who receives it must answer the nominator’s questions. The rules for it are
- Post the award to her blog
- Answer the nominating blogger’s ten question interview
- Nominate 3-10 other bloggers with fewer than 3,000 followers whom she wants to encourage
- Create ten questions for the new nominees.
Thus, here are my answers to Dainty M’s questions!
- What was your first blog post? (insert the link)
It was called Summer Goals. https://1timothy412girl.wordpress.com/2015/06/13/summer-goals/
In case you’re wondering after you finish reading it, I did eventually get my permit 🙂
2. Describe your happy place
Ok, this might be kind of nerdy, but I really enjoy retreating to my room, turning on the Christmas lights over my bed, and writing. I also love diving into a good book. Currently, I’m reading Above The Line: Take One by Karen Kingsbury for fun and The Outsiders for school. So far both of them are good.
3. What challenges have you faced being a blogger?
I think one of the biggest challenges that any type of writer faces is the challenge to stay true to yourself. There’s always that inner critic who makes you question whether you should be writing about something else, or if anyone else will like the topic you chose to write about. Nonetheless, I firmly believe that it’s important to stay true to yourself, true to your artistic vision, and true to what you believe God is prompting you to write. Another challenge of blogging is time management. Since I’m still in school, I sometimes have the dilemma of coming up with a really great blog post while I still have piles of schoolwork to complete. I think that time management is a key word for the writer.
4. What’s your favorite food?
I know this is seriously unhealthy, but I love cake! I don’t like chocolate, but vanilla cakes are amazing! Especially the icing between the layers! Yeah…I have a bit of a sweet tooth.
5. Who supports your writing the most?
This answer may sound a tad cliche, but I’d have to say my parents. My mom has been helping me improve my writing since I was a little girl and when I published my first book a couple of years back, my dad had me help with yard work to earn money for the expenses. My mom also always reads the books that I’ve written and has recently encouraged me to try sending in articles to magazines to get my name out there. I’m very blessed to have parents who support my writing career.
6. What is your favorite Bible verse?
Hmm, that’s a hard one. Obviously one of my favorites is 1 Timothy 4:12 (Considering that’s the name of my blog!), but I also love Matthew 5:16 and Philipians 4:13. So, I guess I have three favorites. They’re all very inspirational and encourage me to make a difference in the world. 🙂
7. Who is your favorite musician?
Another hard one…I guess I would have to say Taylor Swift. If you look up some of her old videos on Youtube, you’ll find that she composed many of her songs when she was still a teenager. Some of my favorites songs by her are Change, Mine, Enchanted, and If This Was A Movie, but I like a lot of her songs (Yes, I’m indecisive!).
8. Describe your blog in one word.
Inspirational (I hope!)
9. Apart from writing, what other skills do you have?
Writing is my main passion, but I also love singing and acting. I used to be pretty good at basketball, but I haven’t played in years.
10. Movies or novels?
I honestly love both, but I’m going to have to go with books. I like how with books, you can really get inside of the characters heads and see their emotions. I also find beauty in an eloquently crafted sentence.
Now, to pass on this award, I nominate
The new questions are…
- What did God teach you in 2015?
- What are your goals for 2016?
- What is your favorite book (Or series)?
- Favorite movie?
- Favorite month?
- If you could have lunch with anyone, who would it be?
- Which person in the Bible do you most relate to?
- What is your current favorite song?
- What is your biggest dream?
- What color best describes your personality and why?